The Director of Poultry Innovation has overall responsibility for research and development. The individual will have overall responsibility for providing first in class research to the broiler industry, leverage synergies between NutriQuest capabilities and support NutriQuest technologies. This position is responsible for developing and implementing unique and differentiated value offers to the broiler industry that are aligned with company goals. Create measurable value for the client and satisfaction for the organization. This individual will work closely with the Poultry R&D team, Commercial Director, and Marketing to establish and execute a long-term strategy for poultry and partner with the Poultry Commercial team and Regulatory to register new technologies in the targeted specie.
- Plan, lead and manage NutriQuest poultry product development efforts.
- Responsible for creating and executing a sustainable research and development strategy for targeted customers in collaboration with the marketing and commercial directors. Fosters working environment and culture that embraces the NutriQuest values.
- Lead the discovery of technologies that can be researched and developed to products that provide strong value propositions for the NutriQuest customers.
- Lead the development and implementation of protocols to address poultry research objectives.
- Coordinate with Chief Scientific Officer on protocols, statistics, and overall research plans.
- Lead identification of industry needs and incorporation of objectives addressing prioritized needs into research objectives.
- Provide technical support of sales and marketing activities and development of sales support materials.
- Participate in strategic planning and personnel recruitment and evaluation.
- Work closely with the poultry commercial leader, marketing director, and Senior VP Sales & Marketing to put strategy to move products forward.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
- DVM or PhD in animal science/nutrition
- 10 years of experience and proven capabilities in conducting research and directing research functions in the broiler industry
- Proven record to influence tech leaders in the industry.
- Global experience and networks in the poultry market preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Tailors communication to the customer’s needs with authority; effectively deliver presentations and have strong verbal and written communication skillsEffective and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Effective and proven oral communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Customer Servitude
- Willingness to work within a team enviroment
- Analytical and Innovative
- Leadership/Management Skills
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (50%, with 30-40% of weeknights, 2 nights per week).